WORK WITH ME
Business/Marketing Volunteer … in MARGARET RIVER, Western Australia!
for exchange in ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
Do you want to spend 1 or 2 months in Margaret River in the stunning Western Australia’s southwest?
Do you have a background in business/marketing with excellent strategic planning skills & knowledge of social media?
AT Edgewalkers I am looking for a business & marketing professional who is keen to spend some time in the region and can help take this exciting company to the next level…while enjoying the Margaret River lifestyle that comes with the beaches, the surf, the wineries and the uniquely biodiverse natural environment.
I am looking for someone to:
- plan, create & execute brilliant marketing campaigns for our walks, retreats & other related products so that they SELL
- help with our strategic planning and create long term business goals to put us on track to expand our activities to the national and overseas markets
- grow our data base and social media following nationally and internationally
- support the CEO as needed - including assisting during walks & retreats
- create administrative systems & assist with administrative duties as needed
- work for 20 - 25 hours a week for 12 weeks beginning April 3, 2017.
- have a savvy & creative business mind with a sound foundation in business skills & marketing - with a business/marketing/communications degree and/or proven experience
- love nature, the natural environment, being outdoors & walking
- are passionate about using all your training and business knowledge to help grow a small business into a competitive international company
- have exceptional English writing & verbal skills
- have the right to work in Australia (if from overseas)
- will have references who are happy to talk to me through SKYPE of FaceTime
- are a social media guru
- are super computer literate, e.g. MailChimp, Canva, SquareSpace, Google
- have some knowledge of SEO and such things
- can work independently
- have an interest and/or talent for design
- have great research skills
- a vegetarian/vegan & into crystals …just kidding…about the crystals!
In exchange you will be hosted in our beautiful home and provided with all meals & snacks during your time here (this is a vegetarian/vegan household & I am a pretty good cook!). You might be licked in the face every morning by Emi (gorgeous furry child).
HOW TO APPLY
If you think you meet this criteria and are interested in surf, sand, wine, beer or nature and can commit to a month then do the following:
1. Study the Edgewalkers website edgewalkers.com.au, the Edgewalkers Facebook page & the Instagram witherika1;
2. Write an analysis of what your impression is & what this business needs (no more than a page or so)
3. Pitch me an idea for a marketing campaign - an outline of some of the steps and their rationale will do (no more than a page or so)
4. Be creative & show me what you can do.
5. Send it along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Margaret River here I come! + you name and country of origin