NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY WALKING & CREATIVITY RETREAT
MAY 11 - 13, 2018
Create stunning night photography during this 3-day/2-night & Creativity retreat in Australia's southwest. Learn the basics of astrophotography with professional astrophotographer, nightscape artist & official Google earth photographer Paean Ng.
This unique retreat is for anyone who:
- wants to learn astrophotography techniques for capturing the night sky including the Milky Way;
- loves walking and wants to reconnect with nature through some guided day and night walks in the Margaret River region including the Cape to Cape track;
- wants to be inspired into a more creative life and learn some creative thinking and idea generation tools.
The retreat involves:
PRACTICE - Night Astrophotography - learn the basics of astrophotography, including the basics of wide field panoramas & editing. Capture and bring to life the beauty of the southwest night skies and immerse yourself in nature and a creative experience. On top of learning aspects of camera set up like how to focus at night, calculate exposure & settings, you will also have the opportunity to learn the process of visualising the wide field panorama by using parts of the Milky Way to line up compositions.
REFLECTION - Walking & Writing - let your mind wander as we walk various natural spots along the Cape to Cape. The walks are an opportunity to connect with nature and reflect on all that is emerging during the retreat. You will have a chance to write your experiences and thoughts as a way to reflect and learn.
And what better time and place to do that than southwest WA? Don't miss out - our last retreat was such a success!!
This special night retreat includes:
- 2 nights twin-share accommodation in the Margaret River region
- all vegetarian meals & snacks
- transport to all locations
- all photography & editing tuition with Paean Ng
- all creative thinking sessions with Dr Erika Jacobson
- PLUS 2 guided walks on Cape to Cape and Borenup Forest
PRICE: $980 - 30% deposit required to secure your booking. Balance can be paid in instalments & is due by 15 April, 2018
Maximum 12 people