WALK - CREATE - TRANSFORM - a 4-day intensive creativity and walking retreat with specialist practitioner Dr Erika Jacobson
11 - 14 OCTOBER 2018
This is a fun, fearless & focused examination of your self-expression & creativity. Are you committed to establishing & sustaining a creative practice? Do you want to explore what is getting in your way? Are you ready to identify & rehearse ways to richer more self-expressive life?
This 4-day retreat in stunning Margaret River is a truly delightful & powerful opportunity to immerse yourself in nature, disrupt routine thinking and find out just how creative you really are.
Designed & facilitated by creativity & transformative learning specialist, Dr Erika Jacobson, this program uses powerful aesthetic & embodied techniques, free writing, storytelling, photography & meditative walking.
- You will identify obstacles & paralysing mindsets that are keeping you from being creative;
- You will explore and rehearse ways to overcome these creative blocks;
- You will establish a regular and sustainable creative 'habit';
- You will reconnect & be inspired by nature in one of Australia's most beautiful coastal walks.
- you will spend joyful, quality time & create longterm friendships with like-minded individuals;
- You will play, write, paint, sing, dance and ... walk;
- You will stay in deluxe accommodation;
- You will be nourished with healthy & nutritious meals and snacks
- You will leave the retreat feeling POWERFUL & PURPOSEFUL about the role of creativity in your life!
Award-winning landscape painter Jane Tangney will lead you through a colourful journey of landscape watercolours inspired by the surrounding natural environment.
We have priced this retreat to make it accessible and still give value to the quality, substance and benefit you will receive. The price is an investment in your wellness and self-care and a wonderful, loving gift to yourself:
$1,380 (there are double rooms, twin share rooms, and a 4 bed bedroom - first in first served)
50% deposit required to secure your booking
Balance is due by 25 Sept, 2018
Maximum 10 people
- 4 days of focused creative exploration through theatre, visualisations, writing, storytelling, movement & play with Dr. Erika Jacobson - you will take home a four-week plan of action so that you can sustain your motivation and direction after the retreat
- 3 nights in truly deluxe accommodation no matter what room-type you are in. From the wall to wall windows that let you feel completely immersed in nature, to the modern bathrooms & furnishings, the spaciousness and the light, this home will support and nurture your process;
- Exquisite & nutritious vegetarian meals and snacks for the duration of the retreat - catered by clean living & life-loving folk at Conscious Catering, our food is abundant and life-affirming
- 3 guided walks (5 - 12 km) on the stunning Cape to Cape coastal track and forest settings - feel truly immersed in nature during these spectacular walks
- 3 hour painting workshop in the bush with award-winning artist Jane Tangney;
- Sound and rhythm session with local musician.
Read testimonials below:
"I loved the whole experience of the retreat, connecting and sharing with others, deliciously healthy food and scenic hiking experiences and time out for myself.
In a tranquil and beautiful location Erika created a very safe space to explore our creativity and blocks and challenges that stop us from being truly fulfilled, happy and creative...I got great insight how I am getting in my own way and I'm taking home the wisdom and ideas how I will do things differently to get positive results."
Julie Warburton, Resilience Specialist & Speaker
"Your concept of including guided forest & coastal bush walking experiences was spot on. The peaceful forest walks and breathtaking coastal scenery nearby were unforgettable; the walks provided an uplifting experience that reconnected me to nature. all to often forgotten or ignored in the city...the use of theatre was beneficial, it was challenging but significantly helped me to clarify some issues & see them better with input form the group ...Your retreat represents by far the most worthwhile & value for money contribution to my life for many years, all achieved in as little as three days. Truly of remarkable benefit."
Ernie Samec, Lawyer, Perth.
September to November is a special time for wildflowers in the southwest...you will be awestruck by the beauty.